Online Roulette Guide
Roulette is one of the most iconic and recognizable casino games in the world, and online Roulette brings its thrilling winning potential and suspenseful strategy to your fingertips whenever the mood strikes. Hailed for its depth of betting options mixed with pure luck, this table favourite is brought to new heights in the virtual version, where the odds are exactly the same, but the advantages are numerous. Aside from the convenience of accessibility, the South African online casinos we recommended provide roulette in free practice mode. You will be able to play with bonus cash, low betting minimums and high maximums. Moreover, the casinos selected by CasinoMidnight offer the option to play more than one variation of the game.
Whether you play French, American, European, Mini, multi-ball, multi-wheel, or any Roulette variation, the object of the game remains consistent. Players place chips on the table in areas that represent sections of the wheel. The areas can represent a single pocket, which can pay up to as much as 35 to 1, as well as represent almost half the wheel for 1 to 1 payouts. The more likely the ball will land in that area, the lower the payout, and the least likely the ball will land in that area, the higher the payout. In online Roulette, players can simply hover their cursor over the different betting areas to see the payouts. The outside betting area and inside betting area will have different maximums. The outside is where you can bet on black or red, odd or even numbers, as well as almost a third of the wheel. In the inside betting area, you can place chips in the centre of a box for the highest payout, on a line between two numbers, or on a corner that connects three or four numbers. When the bets are in place, the player presses the spin button and the ball spins around the wheel. It will come to a clacking stop in one of the pockets, and if the ball stops in a pocket that matches the chip placement, you win that payout. Each betting area can win individually, so you can potentially win a 1 to 1 payout and a 35 to 1 payout in the same spin. It is important to note that if the ball lands in the green zero pocket(s), all outside bets are lost.
5 Tips On Online Roulette
- If you have the option, always play French or European Roulette over American Roulette. American Roulette has an additional green zero pocket, making the outside bets less likely to win in comparison to the French and European variations that have one single green zero pocket.
- The previous pocket the ball landed in holds no bearing on where it will land next.
- Betting on the 1 to 1 payouts in French or European Roulette has one of the lowest house edges in the casino, resulting in common long-term winning potential.
- A common strategy is to play the 1 to 1 outside betting areas, but also to place a small amount on the green zero pocket as an insurance bet.
- This is the most important tip: know when to stop. Set a limit on how long you play, and walk away when you have a nice amount of winnings.