Online Blackjack Guide
Online Blackjack is one of the most played card games in the world, and is often the most searched for in South African online casinos. Its approachability makes Blackjack great for brand new players; its depth of strategy makes it a longstanding favourite among veteran betters. Its fun both online and offline, though playing Blackjack online can be particularly advantageous. The main pros are: the common option to play for free; the bonus cash that can have you betting more for less of your own cash; the convenience of being able to play from anywhere and the increased betting freedom. The odds are mathematically identical as well. In all of the recommended casinos at CasinoMidnight, in fact, you have random number generators that ensure the same fairness that you would find in a land-based casino.
One of the best parts about being new to Blackjack is learning the captivating gameplay. The rules are simple, and the strategies that come later are too. The game starts after the player places a bet and presses the Deal button. The player is dealt two face-up cards, and the Dealer is dealt two cards, one face-up and one facedown. The object of the game is to have a total hand value that is closer to 21 than the Dealer without going over. The hand value is determined by each card in the hand being added together, with number cards 2-10 worth their face value, face cards worth ten, and the Ace worth 11 or 1. A two-card hand worth 21 is called a “Blackjack” and pays out according to the felt of the table. All other payouts are 1 to 1. After the deal, the player can hit and receive an additional card, or stay, making their final hand. You can also Double Down, placing an additional wager equal to the original wager and receiving one additional card. If the player is dealt a pair of cards, they can split them into two separate hands and an additional bet equal to the original must be placed to cover the additional hands. After the player has their final hand, the Dealer will hit if they have a soft 17 or lower, and will stand if they have a hard 17 or better. Whoever is closest to 21 wins!
7 Tips On Online Blackjack
- Take advantage of the option to play for free if the casino offers it. Playing free Blackjack is a great opportunity to practice the game, hone your strategies, and try out the different variations without burning any of your bankroll.
- Use a Blackjack chart. This is especially true if you are just starting out. It tells you exactly what move you should make based on mathematical odds.
- Progressive betting systems work sometimes, but also don’t work sometimes. They are a strategy that many players use, but because of their volatility, we recommend avoiding them.
- Always Double Down on 11.
- Always Split Aces and 8s.
- Always hit on a soft 17, and stand on a hard 17 or better.
- This is the most important tip: know when to stop. Set a limit on how long you play, and walk away when you have a nice amount of winnings.